26 Shouts - 509,720 Scrobbles
Lou Donaldson (born 1926) is a jazz alto saxophonist, born in Badin, North Carolina. He is best known for his soulful, bluesy approach to the alto saxophone, although in his formative years he was, as many were of the bebop era, heavily influenced by Charlie Parker's improvisational approach. His first recordings were with bop emissaries Milt Jackson and Thelonious Monk in 1952, and lead several small groups with other jazz luminaries such as trumpeter Blue Mitchell, pianist Horace Silver and the indomitable skinsman, Art Blakey.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Blues Walk - (6:34) - 6,122 plays
- Who's Making Love - (6:43) - 1,764 plays
- Turtle Walk - (7:57) - 1,540 plays
- Carvin' The Rock - (3:56) - 1,110 plays
- Alligator Bogaloo - (6:57) - 1,285 plays
- Everything I Do Gonna Be Funky (From Now On) - (5:27) - 1,081 plays
- Autumn Nocturne - (4:53) - 802 plays
- Brother Soul - (8:21) - 833 plays
- Pot Belly - (8:13) - 861 plays
- The Masquerade Is Over - (5:50) - 819 plays