218 Shouts - 747,958 Scrobbles
Los Jaivas (1963 - ) is a well-known Chilean folk/progressive rock band. The Parra brothers (Gabriel, drums Claudio, piano, and Eduardo, electric piano) met Mario Mutis (bass) and Eduardo "Gato" Alquinta (guitars and lead vocals) in their childhood and started to play music for fun. They became prominent in Viña del Mar, playing at many gigs with a bossa-nova/bolero style. The former name of the band was High & Bass. However, most of their fans believed they were called "Jaibas" (crabs). After a while they decide to correct their name and definitely change it to Los Jaivas.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sube A Nacer Conmigo Hermano - (4:47) - 2,272 plays
- La poderosa muerte - (11:12) - 2,340 plays
- La Conquistada - (7:51) - 2,251 plays
- Amor Americano - (5:26) - 1,437 plays
- Del aire al aire - (2:15) - 1,144 plays
- Mira Niñita - (6:27) - 1,464 plays
- Todos Juntos - (4:55) - 977 plays
- Mambo de Machaguay - (4:53) - 1,348 plays
- Final - (2:36) - 853 plays
- Aguila Sideral - (5:21) - 787 plays