211 Shouts - 681,501 Scrobbles
Los Jaivas (1963 - ) is a well-known Chilean folk/progressive rock band. The Parra brothers (Gabriel, drums Claudio, piano, and Eduardo, electric piano) met Mario Mutis (bass) and Eduardo "Gato" Alquinta (guitars and lead vocals) in their childhood and started to play music for fun. They became prominent in Viña del Mar, playing at many gigs with a bossa-nova/bolero style. The former name of the band was High & Bass. However, most of their fans believed they were called "Jaibas" (crabs). After a while they decide to correct their name and definitely change it to Los Jaivas.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sube A Nacer Conmigo Hermano - (4:47) - 2,275 plays
- La poderosa muerte - (11:12) - 2,476 plays
- Amor Americano - (5:26) - 1,537 plays
- Mira Niñita - (6:27) - 1,391 plays
- La Conquistada - (7:14) - 1,859 plays
- Del aire al aire - (2:15) - 1,229 plays
- Todos Juntos - (4:55) - 1,209 plays
- Mambo de Machaguay - (4:10) - 1,303 plays
- Final - (2:36) - 987 plays
- Aguila Sideral - (5:21) - 957 plays