Los Guaracheros De Oriente
1 Shouts - 84,035 Scrobbles
Florencio Santana, Gerardo Macia, Felix Escobar and Nico Saquito founded Los Guaracheros de Oriente (The Guaracha Players of Oriente) in 1940. Saquito, who passed away in 1981, was one of Cuba's most prolific and beloved song-writers and many of his songs are classics of the Cuban repertoire. The quartet moved to Venezuela in 1950 and gained local fame by performing live on radio variety programmes. Saquito left the group in 1955, but they continued on as a trio, moving to the United States in 1959.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Patria Querida - (3:09) - 923 plays
- El Manisero - (3:40) - 151 plays
- El Jaleo - (2:50) - 188 plays
- Longina - (2:42) - 88 plays
- Al Vaiven de Mi Carreta - (5:01) - 100 plays
- Estando Contigo - (3:51) - 57 plays
- Llego el Frutero - (2:56) - 59 plays
- Adios, Compay Gato - (3:16) - 40 plays
- Lagrimas Negras - (3:30) - 24 plays
- Compay Gato - (2:50) - 34 plays