0 Shouts - 3,332,592 Scrobbles
1) Known to his friends and family as Matt Cutler, Lone started life as a bedroom child producer in Nottingham experimenting with hiphop, early 90's hardcore, techno and electronic music for years before dropping his lush, dream-hop début opus "Lemurian" on local label Dealmaker back in 2008 to critical acclaim from all areas of the industry, including a top 10 of the year slot from Bleep, props from Kode9, Rustie, James Holden and countless others.Read More...
This was quickly followed by a remix on Warp Records for Bibio and a deal with Actress' London label Werk Discs, where he released the follow-up album "Ecstasy & Friends", which merged an endless range of styles including 80's funk, 90's hiphop and his trademark - hazy, sun-drenched melodies inspired by long time heroes Boards of Canada.
With his warped out sound locked down by 2009, Lone has switched things up for '10, concentrating on a much heavier Chicago house/techno and early 90's London rave sound aimed at destroying parties while simultaneously staying true to his beautiful, nostalgic melodic style. With the Kode9 backed "Once in a While" tune about to drop on Werk Discs and "Pineapple Crush" coming on his own Magic Wire label, support from artists and DJ's such as Mr. Scruff, µ-Ziq, Glasgow's LuckyMe crew, MachineDrum, FaltyDL and Rinse FM's Alex Nut - Lone is one of the most exciting young producers out there, and certainly one to watch for the future.
2) A Belgian based alternative rock band made up of guitarist-singer Sacha Delone, drummer Paolo de la Croix, guitarist Antoine Paterka and bassist Michael Magalon. The band was formed in 2002. Lone's music is often classified as alternative rock. Listen to 4 songs on www.myspace.com/lonemusik.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Airglow Fires - 118,391 plays
- Crystal Caverns 1991 - 95,798 plays
- 2 Is 8 - 76,470 plays
- Sea Spray - 75,576 plays
- New Colour - 78,496 plays
- Cloud 909 - 71,059 plays
- The Animal Pattern - 66,782 plays
- Lying in the Reeds - 69,237 plays
- Interview at Honolulu - 58,558 plays
- Koran Angel - 52,649 plays