35 Shouts - 598,871 Scrobbles
Lobo (born Roland Kent Lavoie, July 31, 1943), is an American singer-songwriter who was successful in the early 1970s, scoring several Top 10 hits, including "Me and You and a Dog Named Boo," "I'd Love You to Want Me" and "Don't Expect Me To Be Your Friend." Lobo's songs have been characterized by their sweet melodies, sumptuous instrumentation and soulful lyrics. This has made him well known outside the Western world, including Africa, India and Southeast Asia.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsWhen I saw you standing there
I about fell off my chair
When you moved your mouth to speak
I felt the blood go to my feet
Now it took time for me to know
- LyricsI remember to this day, the bright red Georgia clay
How it stuck to the tires after the summer rain
Will power made that old car go, a woman's mind told me that it's so
Oh, how I wish we were back on the road again
Me and you and a dog named Boo
- LyricsI stopped sending flowers to your apartment
You said, "You aren't at home much anymore"
I stopped dropping by without an appointment
'Cause I'd hear laughter coming through your door
Sometimes late at night you'll still call me
- LyricsShe knows when I'm lonesome
She cries when I'm sad
She's up in the good times
She' s down in the bad
Whenever I'm discouraged
- LyricsWhere do butterflies go when it rains?
Who goes around and tucks in the trains?
What makes a teddy bear like to sleep?
Why do we all make promises that we can't keep?
Where do puppy dogs go when their sad?
- Don't Tell Me Goodnight - (3:04) - 368 plays
- Rings - (3:30) - 406 plays
- Love Me for What I Am - (4:02) - 310 plays
- It Sure Took a Long, Long Time - (3:08) - 331 plays
- She Didn't Do Magic - (2:55) - 302 plays