Little Jimmy Dickens
6 Shouts - 77,103 Scrobbles
James Cecil Dickens (born December 19, 1920), better known as Little Jimmy Dickens, is an American country music singer famous for his humorous novelty songs, his small size, 4'11" (150 cm), and his rhinestone-studded outfits. He has been a member of the Grand Ole Opry since 1948 and a member of the Country Music Hall of Fame since 1983. Born in Bolt, West Virginia, Dickens began his musical career in the late 1930s, performing on a local radio station while attending West Virginia University.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- May The Bird Of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose - (2:25) - 438 plays
- LyricsWhen you walk up to a juke box and you slip a nickel in,
You bet your bottom dollar when that record starts to spin
You'll hear a fiddle and a gittar with a honky tonkin' sound
It's hillbilly fever and it's speadin' all around.
Hillbilly fever's goin' round
- LyricsNow, I'm just a simple guy
But there's one thing sure as shootin'
I hate those folks that think that they're
So doggone high fa lutin
I'd be the same in Hollywood
- (I Got) A Hole In My Pocket - (2:31) - 92 plays
- Rockin' with Red - (2:31) - 62 plays
- I Got A Hole in My Pocket - (2:31) - 35 plays
- May the Bird of Paradise (Fly Up Your Nose) - (2:28) - 26 plays
- Salty Boogie - (2:18) - 31 plays
- A-Sleeping At the Foot of the Bed - (2:44) - 27 plays
- Out Behind The Barn - (2:26) - 36 plays