2 Shouts - 58,212 Scrobbles
Bart was born Lionel Begleiter the youngest of seven surviving children in East London to Galician Jews, and grew up in Stepney. His father worked as a tailor in a garden shed in London E1. The family had escaped the pogroms in Galicia which was then part of the Austrian Empire. Lionel later changed his name to Bart derived from the name of the silk screen printing firm he and John Gorman created ("G & B Arts", for Gorman and Begleiter) after he had completed his National Service with the Royal Air Force.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Consider Yourself - (1:49) - 160 plays
- I'd Do Anything - (2:53) - 153 plays
- Food, Glorious Food - (4:01) - 83 plays
- Reviewing the Situation - (4:18) - 117 plays
- As Long As He Needs Me - (3:54) - 83 plays
- Oom-Pah-Pah - (3:17) - 71 plays
- It's a Fine Life - (3:39) - 59 plays
- You've Got to Pick a Pocket or Two - (2:57) - 94 plays
- Where Is Love? - (2:52) - 53 plays
- Be Back Soon - (2:41) - 120 plays