4 Shouts - 21,943 Scrobbles
Picture Rita Hayworth and Julie London’s love child with Marge Simpson’s hair. When it comes to Dutch chanteuse Lilian Hak, big names appear on the bill almost immediately. Her song I never speak to strangers is the ‘soundtrack to an unmade James Bond movie, while her album Old Powder, New Guns has a ‘Miles Davis-in-Paris-cool’ feel to it. The comparisons may seem extreme, but that’s what happens when you immerse yourself in the atmosphere of famous flicks from the 1950s and 1960s, and come up with a record that’s heavily influenced by scenes from Bacall and Bogart movies.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Never Speak To Strangers - (3:48) - 62 plays
- Seven Miles - (4:12) - 45 plays
- Big Talk (For A Little Gun) - (3:42) - 31 plays
- Touch Of Gold - (3:59) - 23 plays
- You Kept Me Waiting - (6:59) - 28 plays
- This Place Is Burning (feat. Ozark Henry) - (3:47) - 16 plays
- Dish The Dirt - (3:43) - 15 plays
- My Only Friend - (3:38) - 13 plays
- I Walk the Line - (2:31) - 15 plays
- Tone Of Your Voice - (5:39) - 25 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online