4 Shouts - 20,268 Scrobbles
Picture Rita Hayworth and Julie London’s love child with Marge Simpson’s hair. When it comes to Dutch chanteuse Lilian Hak, big names appear on the bill almost immediately. Her song I never speak to strangers is the ‘soundtrack to an unmade James Bond movie, while her album Old Powder, New Guns has a ‘Miles Davis-in-Paris-cool’ feel to it. The comparisons may seem extreme, but that’s what happens when you immerse yourself in the atmosphere of famous flicks from the 1950s and 1960s, and come up with a record that’s heavily influenced by scenes from Bacall and Bogart movies.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Seven Miles - (4:12) - 79 plays
- Never Speak To Strangers - (3:48) - 94 plays
- This Place Is Burning (feat. Ozark Henry) - (3:47) - 55 plays
- You Kept Me Waiting - (6:59) - 156 plays
- Happy Land - (1:50) - 156 plays
- Man With Two Faces - (3:07) - 74 plays
- Rebels Outlaws Misfits - (3:36) - 44 plays
- Back On The Right Track - (3:34) - 50 plays
- Big Talk (For A Little Gun) - (3:42) - 149 plays
- Hold on the Fire (feat. Ozark Henry) - (3:26) - 41 plays