6 Shouts - 41,564 Scrobbles
Lightnin' Rod was a pseudonym used by Jalal Nuriddin (Jalaludin M. Nuriddin), a member of influential proto-rap group The Last Poets . Lightnin' Rod's much-sampled 1973 album Hustler's Convention (sic) consists of one long rhyming narrative, relaying the story of a young ghetto player and his partner in crime. Broken into twelve tracks or "chapters", the tale features backing from a host of funk, soul and jazz musicians including Kool & The Gang, Eric Gale, Cornell Dupree, Bernard Purdie and Richard Tee.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sport - (2:36) - 1,042 plays
- Spoon - (1:14) - 101 plays
- Brother Hominy Grit - (2:43) - 69 plays
- Four Bitches Is What I Got - (3:45) - 49 plays
- The Bones Fly From Spoon's Hand - (2:59) - 45 plays
- Coppin' Some Fronts for the Set - (2:24) - 45 plays
- The Shit Hits the Fan Again - (3:35) - 41 plays
- Sentenced to the Chair - (1:38) - 42 plays
- The Café Black Rose - (1:47) - 44 plays
- Grit's Den - (1:34) - 41 plays