6 Shouts - 46,888 Scrobbles
Lightnin' Rod was a pseudonym used by Jalal Nuriddin (Jalaludin M. Nuriddin), a member of influential proto-rap group The Last Poets . Lightnin' Rod's much-sampled 1973 album Hustler's Convention (sic) consists of one long rhyming narrative, relaying the story of a young ghetto player and his partner in crime. Broken into twelve tracks or "chapters", the tale features backing from a host of funk, soul and jazz musicians including Kool & The Gang, Eric Gale, Cornell Dupree, Bernard Purdie and Richard Tee.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sport - (2:35) - 1,144 plays
- Spoon - (1:13) - 107 plays
- Brother Hominy Grit - (2:42) - 79 plays
- Coppin' Some Fronts for the Set - (2:07) - 70 plays
- The Cafe Black Rose - (1:47) - 68 plays
- Grit's Den - (1:34) - 72 plays
- Four Bitches Is What I Got - (3:44) - 76 plays
- The Shit Hits the Fan Again - (3:35) - 65 plays
- Sentenced to the Chair - (1:38) - 65 plays
- The Break Was so Loud, It Hushed the Crowd - (3:11) - 50 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online