0 Shouts - 798,848 Scrobbles
Lifter Puller, or simply LFTR PLLR was an indie rock band from Boston and the Twin Cities area between 1994 and 2000. Their music is considered rather innovative, with its angular riffs and a synth-infused sound that predated the 80's revival fads of the early 2000's. Arguably, however, the band is most known for frontman Craig Finn's elaborate lyrics, which often relied upon a well established universe of drug-addled coeds, cash-strapped nightclub proprietors, murdered ravers and their adventures in a highly fictionalized and decadent version of Minneapolis.Read More...
The band released three LPs and an EP before breaking up in the summer of 2000. In 2002, the compilation Soft Rock was released, featuring nearly every song in the Lifter Puller catalogue, excluding their final album, Fiestas and Fiascos, and the songs "Prescription Sunglasses", "Emperor", "Slips Backwards" and "Bitchy Christmas". The band played reunions in 2002, and again in 2003.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lonely In A Limousine - 31,219 plays
- Lake Street Is For Lovers - 29,323 plays
- Candy's Room - 30,498 plays
- Lie Down On Landsdowne - 29,432 plays
- Manpark - 27,357 plays
- Katrina And The K-Hole - 25,037 plays
- Space Humping $19.99 - 27,589 plays
- Cruised And Accused Of Cruising - 21,941 plays
- Touch My Stuff - 22,224 plays
- Nice, Nice - 21,892 plays