0 Shouts - 748 Scrobbles
Liam Kelly is a native of Sligo and a founding member of the band Dervish.
He began playing traditional Irish music at a very young age, born into a musical family.
He started on the accordion but later switched to the whistle and in turn the flute, mainly learning from local player Carmel Gunning.
He is a veteran of many competitions, where he met Shane Mitchell.
This friendship lead to Poitin, a traditional group they formed while still at school.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Curragh of Kildare - (3:49) - 7 plays
- Moonlight of Mayo - (3:01) - 6 plays
- Rocky Road to Dublin - (2:45) - 4 plays
- Sweetwood - (3:56) - 2 plays
- Maid on the Green / Tonra’s / Billy McCormick’s - (4:38) - 6 plays
- The Hungry Rock - (22:31) - 2 plays
- Black Pat/ Lady Gordon's/ Lady McDonald's - (4:51) - 1 plays
- Phyllis' birthday/ Patsy Hanley's/ The devil's of Dublin - (4:53) - 1 plays
- The Banks of My Lovely Lee - (2:20) - 1 plays
- We All Get Lucky Sometimes - 1 plays