142 Shouts - 1,364,145 Scrobbles
Lesley Gore (born 2 May 1946 in New York City, USA as Lesley Sue Goldstein) is an American singer-songwriter, one of the best known performers of the girl group era. Raised in Tenafly, New Jersey to Jewish parents, Gore was discovered as a teenager. Her first single in 1963 at age 16 was the #1 hit It's My Party still perhaps her best known recording, which also made #9 in Britain. It was followed by others, including Judy's Turn To Cry (the sequel to "It's My Party"), She's A Fool, the proto-feminist You Don't Own Me, and Maybe I Know.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- It's My Party - (2:20) - 17,258 plays
- You Don't Own Me - (2:30) - 12,191 plays
- Sunshine, Lollipops And Rainbows - (1:37) - 5,101 plays
- Judy's Turn To Cry - (2:13) - 1,776 plays
- That's The Way Boys Are - (2:19) - 1,474 plays
- Maybe I Know - (2:38) - 1,967 plays
- It's My Party - Single Version - (2:16) - 1,481 plays
- She's A Fool - (2:10) - 1,319 plays
- Its My Party - (2:17) - 901 plays
- Look Of Love - (1:59) - 689 plays