0 Shouts - 6,279 Scrobbles
Les Wanyika was a prominent band with Kenyan and Tanzanian members and was based in Kenya. It was formed in 1978 when guitarist Omar Shabani, bassist Tom Malanga and two other members left Simba Wanyika. They were joined by John Ngereza and Issa Juma. Les Wanyika made many popular recordings, but are best remembered for their 1979 classic Sina Makosa and Paulina. Vocalist Issa Juma left the band soon afterwards to concentrate on other musical projects. The group continued until Omar Shabani's death in 1998. John Ngereza died two years later.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sina Makosa - (10:40) - 99 plays
- Afro - (7:32) - 14 plays
- Kujituliza Kasuku - (7:22) - 13 plays
- Barua Yako - (8:16) - 11 plays
- Kwanza Jiulize - (7:24) - 9 plays
- Mbaya Wako Rafiki Yako - (7:17) - 7 plays
- Wazazi - (9:28) - 14 plays
- Nimaru - (8:33) - 9 plays
- Tafuta Wako - (7:19) - 7 plays
- Pamela - (10:48) - 4 plays