43 Shouts - 911,807 Scrobbles
Leon Russell (born Claude Russell Bridges on April 2, 1942 in Lawton, Oklahoma) is a singer, songwriter, pianist, and guitarist. Russell attended Will Rogers High School in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Known as a session musician and artist in his own right, Russell has played with artists as varied as Jerry Lee Lewis, Phil Spector and The Rolling Stones. With a solo career spanning the genres of rock, blues, and gospel, Russell began his musical career at 14, lying about his age to land a gig playing backup at a Tulsa nightclub to play with Ronnie Hawkins behind Jerry Lee Lewis.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI've been so many places
In my life and time
I've sung a lot of songs
I've made some bad rhymes
I've acted out my life in stages
- LyricsHow many days has it been
Since I was born?
How many days
'Til I die?
Do I know any ways?
- LyricsI'm up on the tight wire
One side's ice and one is fire
It's a circus game
With you and me
I'm up on the tight rope
- LyricsWell, I'm goin' down, goin down a hard road
Just don't know, don't know where I've been
But I think I've been a-walkin', I'm a-walkin' 'round in circles
Can't even find a friend
Woah, my love, my love, she is not waiting
- Come On In My Kitchen - (2:18) - 1,189 plays
- Hummingbird - (3:44) - 1,405 plays
- It's A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall - (5:10) - 1,037 plays
- Delta Lady - (3:41) - 1,200 plays
- Big Lips - (3:11) - 876 plays
- Shoot Out On The Plantation - (3:14) - 952 plays