43 Shouts - 888,835 Scrobbles
Leon Russell (born Claude Russell Bridges on April 2, 1942 in Lawton, Oklahoma) is a singer, songwriter, pianist, and guitarist. Russell attended Will Rogers High School in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Known as a session musician and artist in his own right, Russell has played with artists as varied as Jerry Lee Lewis, Phil Spector and The Rolling Stones. With a solo career spanning the genres of rock, blues, and gospel, Russell began his musical career at 14, lying about his age to land a gig playing backup at a Tulsa nightclub to play with Ronnie Hawkins behind Jerry Lee Lewis.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- A Song for You - (4:08) - 5,156 plays
- Stranger In A Strange Land - (4:02) - 3,271 plays
- Tight Rope - (2:49) - 3,060 plays
- Out In The Woods - (3:45) - 2,158 plays
- Come On In My Kitchen - (2:18) - 1,660 plays
- It's A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall - (5:10) - 1,438 plays
- Hummingbird - (4:02) - 1,551 plays
- Big Lips - (3:11) - 1,261 plays
- Delta Lady - (4:05) - 1,437 plays
- Georgia On My Mind - (4:51) - 1,110 plays