42 Shouts - 822,599 Scrobbles
Leon Russell (born Claude Russell Bridges on April 2, 1942 in Lawton, Oklahoma) is a singer, songwriter, pianist, and guitarist. Russell attended Will Rogers High School in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Known as a session musician and artist in his own right, Russell has played with artists as varied as Jerry Lee Lewis, Phil Spector and The Rolling Stones. With a solo career spanning the genres of rock, blues, and gospel, Russell began his musical career at 14, lying about his age to land a gig playing backup at a Tulsa nightclub to play with Ronnie Hawkins behind Jerry Lee Lewis.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI've been so many places
In my life and time
I've sung a lot of songs
I've made some bad rhymes
I've acted out my life in stages
- LyricsHow many days has it been
Since I was born?
How many days
'Til I die?
Do I know any ways?
- LyricsI'm up on the tight wire
One side's ice and one is fire
It's a circus game
With you and me
I'm up on the tight rope
- Out In The Woods - (3:45) - 2,044 plays
- LyricsSometimes I get impatient
Cool me with thou word
She comes so sweet and softly
My hummingbird, have you heard
I thought my life had ended
- It's A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall - (5:10) - 1,699 plays
- Delta Lady - (4:05) - 1,641 plays
- This Masquerade - (4:20) - 1,347 plays
- Shoot Out On The Plantation - (3:14) - 1,333 plays
- Lady Blue - (3:31) - 1,212 plays