79 Shouts - 1,362,223 Scrobbles
Leo Kottke (born September 11, 1945 in Athens, Georgia) is a legendary acoustic guitar virtuoso who has developed a cult following of fellow guitarists and fans over the span of a 30-year career of recording and performing. Blending folk, jazz, and blues influences into a signature finger-picked style of syncopated, polyphonic music, Kottke's work pre-dated and predicted much of the New Age instrumental music movement, and is often considered part of the American Primitivism movement, partly because he was signed to John Fahey's Takoma Records label.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Tennessee Toad - (2:37) - 3,341 plays
- Vaseline Machine Gun - (3:08) - 2,788 plays
- Cherry County - (2:30) - 1,503 plays
- Ojo - (2:12) - 2,155 plays
- The Driving Of The Year Nail - (1:54) - 1,807 plays
- Watermelon - (3:07) - 1,744 plays
- Busted Bicycle - (2:45) - 1,684 plays
- Crow River Waltz - (3:17) - 1,661 plays
- The Last Of The Arkansas Greyhounds - (3:15) - 1,651 plays
- The Fisherman - (2:29) - 1,676 plays