83 Shouts - 1,771,607 Scrobbles
Lee Morgan (10 July 1938 - 19 February 1972) was an American hard-bop jazz trumpeter. Born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Morgan was a jazz prodigy, joining the Dizzy Gillespie big band at 18, remaining a member for two years. In 1956 he began recording as a leader, mainly for the Blue Note label; eventually he recorded twenty-five albums for the company. Morgan's principal influence as a player was Clifford Brown, having had direct contact with him before Brown's premature death.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Remember Clifford - (7:05) - 11,969 plays
- Since I Fell for You - (5:36) - 6,903 plays
- The Sidewinder - (10:25) - 7,254 plays
- The Sidewinder - 1999 - Remaster - (10:26) - 3,868 plays
- Ceora - (6:24) - 3,444 plays
- Cornbread - (8:59) - 1,873 plays
- Totem Pole - (10:14) - 1,749 plays
- Gary's Notebook - (6:10) - 1,802 plays
- Boy, What a Night - (7:34) - 1,726 plays
- Warm-up And Dialogue Between Lee And Rudy - (0:35) - 1,278 plays