74 Shouts - 1,555,068 Scrobbles
Lee Morgan (10 July 1938 - 19 February 1972) was an American hard-bop jazz trumpeter. Born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Morgan was a jazz prodigy, joining the Dizzy Gillespie big band at 18, remaining a member for two years. In 1956 he began recording as a leader, mainly for the Blue Note label; eventually he recorded twenty-five albums for the company. Morgan's principal influence as a player was Clifford Brown, having had direct contact with him before Brown's premature death.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Sidewinder - (10:25) - 9,062 plays
- I Remember Clifford - (7:09) - 6,734 plays
- The Sidewinder - 1999 - Remaster - (10:26) - 4,386 plays
- Ceora - (6:24) - 3,377 plays
- Since I Fell for You - (5:36) - 2,390 plays
- Totem Pole - (10:16) - 2,203 plays
- Gary's Notebook - (6:12) - 2,014 plays
- Warm-up And Dialogue Between Lee And Rudy - (0:35) - 1,662 plays
- Cornbread - (9:00) - 1,707 plays
- Boy, What a Night - (7:36) - 1,932 plays