2 Shouts - 4,829 Scrobbles
Laver Bariu is arguably the best known Albanian clarinetist of the last half century and an important figure in the development of urban folk music in the south-eastern Albanian region of Toskëria. Born in the southern town of Përmet, Laver was exposed to Përmeti folk music traditions from a young age via his father Bari Nurka, a well known local singer and llautë player. As a youngster he resorted to making his own instruments from any handy materials that he could find and his keenness and passion for music did not go unnoticed by his father.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Roma Dance [Albania] - (4:25) - 23 plays
- Valle Tirane [Albania] - (3:57) - 16 plays
- Vallet Berat [Albania] - (4:45) - 9 plays
- Qyqe Behari [Albania] - (6:32) - 14 plays
- Kaba De Gjirokastra [Albania] - (3:19) - 10 plays
- Vitori Tu Befte Nena - (2:41) - 5 plays
- Do Marr Ciften Do Dal Per Gjah - (3:46) - 4 plays
- Gajde Permetare - (4:51) - 5 plays
- Kenga Kurbeti (Qaj Moro) - (4:06) - 4 plays
- Buzeqesh Goca - (3:10) - 4 plays