2 Shouts - 4,701 Scrobbles
Laver Bariu is arguably the best known Albanian clarinetist of the last half century and an important figure in the development of urban folk music in the south-eastern Albanian region of Toskëria. Born in the southern town of Përmet, Laver was exposed to Përmeti folk music traditions from a young age via his father Bari Nurka, a well known local singer and llautë player. As a youngster he resorted to making his own instruments from any handy materials that he could find and his keenness and passion for music did not go unnoticed by his father.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Valle Tirane [Albania] - (3:57) - 14 plays
- Roma Dance [Albania] - (4:25) - 17 plays
- Kaba De Gjirokastra [Albania] - (3:19) - 10 plays
- Vallet Berat [Albania] - (4:45) - 6 plays
- Qyqe Behari [Albania] - (6:32) - 9 plays
- Sa Te Jem Gjalle Te Dua - (3:02) - 6 plays
- Vitori Tu Befte Nena - (2:41) - 5 plays
- Gajde Permetare - (4:51) - 6 plays
- Do Marr Ciften Do Dal Per Gjah - (3:46) - 4 plays
- Vallet Berat - (4:47) - 2 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online