293 Shouts - 2,161,304 Scrobbles
Laurie Anderson is an American experimental performance artist, visual artist and musician. Regardless of the medium, a common characteristic of all her work seems to be the act of storytelling. Laura Phillips Anderson was born June 5, 1947, in Glen Ellyn, Illinois, United States. She attended Mills College in California, and eventually graduated from Barnard College magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, studying art history. In 1972, she obtained an MFA in sculpture from Columbia University.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsO superman. o judge. o mom and dad. mom and dad. o superman. o judge. o mom and dad. mom and dad. hi. I'm not home right now. but if you want to leave a message, just start talking at the sound
E tone. hello? this is your mother. are you there? are you coming home? hello? is anybody home? well, you don't know me, but I know you. and I've got a message to give to you. here come the plan
O you better get ready. ready to go. you can come as you are, but pay as you go. pay as you go. and I said: ok. who is this really? and the voice said: this is the hand, the hand that takes. thi
The hand, the hand that takes. this is the hand, the hand that takes. here come the planes. they're american planes. made in america. smoking or non-smoking? and the voice said: neither snow nor
Nor gloom of night shall stay these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds. 'cause when love is gone, there's always justice. and when justive is gone, there's always forc
- O Superman (for Massenet) - (8:27) - 5,286 plays
- LyricsGood evening. this is your captain. we are about to attempt a crash landing. please extinuish all cigarettes. place your tray tables in their upright, locked position. your captain says: put you
D on your knees. your captain says: put your head on your hands. captain says: put your hands on your head. put your hands on your hips. heh heh. this is your captain-and we are going down. we a
L going down, together. and I said: uh oh. this is gonna be some day. standby. this is the time. and this is the record of the time. this is the time. and this is the record of the time. uh-this
Our captain again. you know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before. why? cause I'm a caveman. why? cause I've got eyes in the back of my head. why? it's the heat. standby. this is t
Me. and this is the record of the time. this is the time. and this is the record of the time. put your hands over your eyes. jump out of the plane. there is no pilot. you are not alone. standby.
- LyricsCoo coo it's cold outside. coo coo it's cold outside. ooo coo coo. don't forget your mittens. hey pal! how do I get to town from here? and he said: well just take a right where they're going to
That new shopping mall, go straight past where they're going to put in the freeway, take a left at what's going to be the new sports center, and keep going until you hit the place where they're
King of building that drive-in bank. you can't miss it. and I said: this must be the place. ooo coo coo. golden cities. golden towns. golden cities. golden towns. and long cars in long lines and
T big signs and they all say: hallelujah. yodellayheehoo. every man for himself. ooo coo coo. golden cities. golden towns. thanks for the ride. big science. hallelujah. big science. yodellayheeh
Ou know. I think we should put some mountains here. otherwise, what are all the characters going to fall off of? and what about stairs? yodellayheehoo. ooo coo coo. here's a man who lives a life
- LyricsIt was a large room. full of people. all kinds. and they had all arrived at the same buidling at more or less the same time. and they were all free. and they were all asking themselves the same
Ion: what is behind that curtain? you were born. and so you're free. so happy birthday.
- Let X=X - (3:54) - 3,117 plays
- Sweaters - (2:23) - 2,893 plays
- It Tango - (3:02) - 2,808 plays
- Example #22 - (2:59) - 2,511 plays
- Walking & Falling - (2:13) - 2,290 plays