16 Shouts - 39,780 Scrobbles
Larry Levan, (born Lawrence Philpott,1954 – 1992) is best known as a DJ at the Paradise Garage (New York) in the seventies. There he helped forge the house style known as "garage," a mix of disco, soul, gospel and house. Levan's eclectic approach to disco sets and remixes is legendary. He also collaborated in the studio, either as a remixer or, less frequently, as producer with some of the most important artists of the disco era, including Sister Sledge, Chaka Kahn, Patrice Rushen, Salsoul Studios, and Gwen Guthrie.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- STAND ON THE WORD ( JOUBERT SINGERS) - (4:42) - 67 plays
- Paradise Change - (5:14) - 8 plays
- Ain't No Mountain High Enough (The Garage Version) (Remastered) - (10:28) - 7 plays
- It's music - 5 plays
- Take Me Home - (6:09) - 7 plays
- Heartbeat - (9:56) - 16 plays
- Dreaming a Dream - (3:05) - 5 plays
- Weekend Phreek - (8:16) - 6 plays
- Put Your Body In It - (6:04) - 6 plays
- Here We Go Again - (3:20) - 4 plays