16 Shouts - 38,813 Scrobbles
Larry Levan, (born Lawrence Philpott,1954 – 1992) is best known as a DJ at the Paradise Garage (New York) in the seventies. There he helped forge the house style known as "garage," a mix of disco, soul, gospel and house. Levan's eclectic approach to disco sets and remixes is legendary. He also collaborated in the studio, either as a remixer or, less frequently, as producer with some of the most important artists of the disco era, including Sister Sledge, Chaka Kahn, Patrice Rushen, Salsoul Studios, and Gwen Guthrie.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ain't No Mountain High Enough (The Garage Version) (Remastered) - (10:28) - 46 plays
- STAND ON THE WORD ( JOUBERT SINGERS) - (4:42) - 26 plays
- At Midnight - (5:45) - 13 plays
- My First Mistake - (3:36) - 11 plays
- Bourgie Bourgie - 11 plays
- It's music - 11 plays
- Take Me Home - (6:09) - 7 plays
- Pick Me Up, I'll Dance - (3:56) - 7 plays
- Put Your Body In It - (6:04) - 8 plays
- Smack Dab in the Middle - (4:46) - 13 plays