83 Shouts - 372,178 Scrobbles
Larkin Grimm (now based in Providence, RI) was born in a Memphis, TN commune and grew up in Dahlonega, Georgia in the foothills of the Appalachians with a family of singers and fiddlers. Harpoon, her debut CD, reflects these rustic influences through a modern, psychedelic filter. Larkin's intense, ecstatic voice with swirling multi-tracked patterns recalls the richness of Illuminations-period Buffy Sainte-Marie and the sparkle of Linda Perhacs. Her instrumentation includes dulcimer, pennywhistle, bells, drums and guitar.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ride That Cyclone - (4:01) - 631 plays
- Pigeon Food - (1:54) - 538 plays
- Entrance - (2:26) - 443 plays
- Going Out - (2:19) - 388 plays
- Blond and Golden Johns - (3:07) - 334 plays
- Paradise and So Many Colors - (4:54) - 288 plays
- One Hundred Men - (2:44) - 236 plays
- Harpoon Baptism - (3:49) - 247 plays
- Patch It Up - (4:57) - 230 plays
- They Were Wrong - (3:42) - 209 plays