27 Shouts - 42,284 Scrobbles
Lamya was an Omani-born Kenyan singer, whose versatile style, while not easily pigeonholed, has been described variously as pop, electronic, or dance. However, the careful listener will note Middle Eastern instrumentation and trip-hop influences on her music as well. She came to prominence in 1993 when she toured with Duran Duran on their Wedding Album tour. Her standout performance was the re-worked live version of their song "Come Undone", as performed on tour and on the band's MTV Unplugged appearance.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Empires - (5:06) - 213 plays
- The Woman Who - (4:42) - 111 plays
- Splitting Atoms - (4:03) - 95 plays
- Black Mona Lisa - (4:22) - 110 plays
- East Of Anywhere - (3:57) - 41 plays
- Never Enough - (4:13) - 192 plays
- I Get Cravings - (4:56) - 31 plays
- Full Frontal Fridays - (4:19) - 22 plays
- Never's Such A Long Time - (4:27) - 34 plays
- Empires - Radio Edit (U.K./International) - (3:43) - 13 plays