27 Shouts - 43,453 Scrobbles
Lamya was an Omani-born Kenyan singer, whose versatile style, while not easily pigeonholed, has been described variously as pop, electronic, or dance. However, the careful listener will note Middle Eastern instrumentation and trip-hop influences on her music as well. She came to prominence in 1993 when she toured with Duran Duran on their Wedding Album tour. Her standout performance was the re-worked live version of their song "Come Undone", as performed on tour and on the band's MTV Unplugged appearance.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Empires - (5:06) - 222 plays
- The Woman Who - (4:42) - 62 plays
- Black Mona Lisa - (4:22) - 107 plays
- Splitting Atoms - (4:03) - 102 plays
- LyricsFeelin' lost in familiar places
Havin' fallen from a few good graces
So many sandy years, dusted and wasted
How, from there did I get here?
I wanna be east of anywhere
- Never Enough - (4:13) - 87 plays
- I Get Cravings - (4:56) - 55 plays
- Pink Moon - (2:46) - 50 plays
- Full Frontal Fridays - (4:19) - 37 plays
- Never's Such A Long Time - (4:27) - 26 plays