7 Shouts - 20,004 Scrobbles
Lagbaja (born Bisade Ologunde in Lagos, Nigeria) is a Nigerian Afrobeat musician. The first question that is often asked when Lagbaja is encountered is, “Why the mask?” Basically, Lagbaja’s mask is used as an icon of man’s facelessness. Lagbaja is a Yoruba word that means somebody, nobody, anybody or everybody. It perfectly depicts the anonymity of the so called “common man”. The mask and the name symbolize the faceless, the voiceless in the society, particularly in Africa. Once you see Lagbaja’s mask you are reminded of your own facelessness.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Never far away - (6:57) - 31 plays
- Konko Below - (6:12) - 16 plays
- Side By Side - (8:17) - 16 plays
- Skentele Skontolo - (7:02) - 11 plays
- Africalypso - 7 plays
- Coolu Temper - 14 plays
- Dis Is Lagos - (4:48) - 5 plays
- feyin e - (9:07) - 14 plays
- Gra Gra - (5:14) - 6 plays
- Nothing for you - 3 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online