7 Shouts - 20,146 Scrobbles
Lagbaja (born Bisade Ologunde in Lagos, Nigeria) is a Nigerian Afrobeat musician. The first question that is often asked when Lagbaja is encountered is, “Why the mask?” Basically, Lagbaja’s mask is used as an icon of man’s facelessness. Lagbaja is a Yoruba word that means somebody, nobody, anybody or everybody. It perfectly depicts the anonymity of the so called “common man”. The mask and the name symbolize the faceless, the voiceless in the society, particularly in Africa. Once you see Lagbaja’s mask you are reminded of your own facelessness.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Side By Side - (8:17) - 31 plays
- Never far away - (6:57) - 25 plays
- Konko Below - (6:12) - 14 plays
- feyin e - (9:07) - 15 plays
- Skentele Skontolo - (7:02) - 6 plays
- Gra Gra - (5:14) - 9 plays
- Coolu Temper - 9 plays
- Simple Yes Or No - (7:47) - 4 plays
- dream come true - (4:40) - 7 plays
- ke ke ke ke - (4:08) - 4 plays