La Paquera de Jerez
5 Shouts - 37,934 Scrobbles
La Paquera was born in 1934 at Jerez de la Frontera, Cádiz, Spain and died in the same city in 2004. She had given flamenco singing a way to say, feel and express things. She is described as an authentic standard-bearer for the best Jerez singing by Juan Luis Manfredi, flamencologist. La Paquera de Jerez is one of the greatest figures of cante (flamenco singing) and one of the most emblematic. She comes from a family of great amateurs, but without any professional predecessors. She started when she was very young in the cozy parties in her city.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Maldigo Tus Ojos Verdes - (4:24) - 222 plays
- Que Dolor De Mare Mia - (3:07) - 113 plays
- Coplas A Curro - (2:18) - 32 plays
- Huyendo Del Rey Herodes - (2:57) - 29 plays
- Bulerías De La Paquera De Jerez - (2:27) - 32 plays
- Fandangos de Enrique el Almendro - (3:38) - 38 plays
- Tu Pintura - (2:53) - 27 plays
- Alegrías Aragonesas - (2:31) - 22 plays
- Bulerías Del Relojero - (2:43) - 20 plays
- Yo Vendo Claveles (feat. Juan Morao) - (2:26) - 27 plays