La Monte Young
120 Shouts - 146,720 Scrobbles
La Monte Young has pioneered the concept of extended time durations in contemporary music for over 40 years. He contributed extensively to the study of just intonation and to the development of rational number based tuning systems that are used in his periodic composite sound waveform environments, as well as in many of his major performance works. Presentations of Young's work in the United States and Europe, as well as his theoretical writings, gradually influenced a group of composers to create a static, periodic music which became known as Minimalism.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- For Brass - (21:02) - 303 plays
- Excerpt "31 69 C. 12:17:33-1 - (7:01) - 274 plays
- Excerpt 31 69 C. 121733-1 - (7:01) - 264 plays
- Raga For Ravi - 207 plays
- the tortoise, his dreams and journeys - (18:37) - 180 plays
- Dream House 1973 - (3:46) - 150 plays
- Pre-Tortoise Dream Music - (20:23) - 172 plays
- Sarabande - (1:37) - 144 plays
- Two Sounds - 103 plays
- Five Small Pieces for String Quartet - A Leaf - (1:12) - 158 plays