59 Shouts - 788,745 Scrobbles
Lúnasa are an all-instrumental, acoustic group known for their exciting melodies and tunes, as well as their ability to combine the sounds of the fiddle, the flute, the uilleann pipes, the guitar, and the bass. Named after Lughnasadh, an ancient Irish harvest festival, Lúnasa was started when Seán Smyth, Trevor Hutchinson, and Donogh Hennessy briefly toured through Scandinavia in 1996. Upon their return to Ireland, they teamed up with Michael McGoldrick and John McSherry to record a few tracks for what would be their first album. In 1997, Kevin Crawford joined the group.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Morning Nightcap - (4:53) - 1,888 plays
- Cregg's Pipes - (3:33) - 1,246 plays
- Island Lake - (4:54) - 977 plays
- Ryestraw - (5:26) - 776 plays
- The Raven’s Rock - (5:52) - 679 plays
- The Miller of Drohan - (1:54) - 736 plays
- Casu - (4:09) - 728 plays
- Aoibhneas - (4:22) - 629 plays
- The Merry Sisters of Fate - (2:54) - 580 plays
- Killarney Boys of Pleasure - (4:06) - 625 plays