58 Shouts - 722,542 Scrobbles
Lúnasa are an all-instrumental, acoustic group known for their exciting melodies and tunes, as well as their ability to combine the sounds of the fiddle, the flute, the uilleann pipes, the guitar, and the bass. Named after Lughnasadh, an ancient Irish harvest festival, Lúnasa was started when Seán Smyth, Trevor Hutchinson, and Donogh Hennessy briefly toured through Scandinavia in 1996. Upon their return to Ireland, they teamed up with Michael McGoldrick and John McSherry to record a few tracks for what would be their first album. In 1997, Kevin Crawford joined the group.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Morning Nightcap - (4:53) - 1,498 plays
- Ryestraw - (5:26) - 771 plays
- Fruitmarket Reels - (4:19) - 750 plays
- The Raven’s Rock - (5:52) - 737 plays
- Cregg's Pipes - (3:33) - 741 plays
- Casu - (4:09) - 733 plays
- Tro Breizh - (4:08) - 667 plays
- Killarney Boys of Pleasure - (4:06) - 687 plays
- The Merry Sisters of Fate - (2:54) - 558 plays
- The Minor Bee - (4:45) - 567 plays