23 Shouts - 552,202 Scrobbles
(Clément Philibert) Leo Delibes (February 21, 1836 – January 16, 1891) was a French composer of Romantic music. He was born in St. Germain-du-Val, France. After training under Adolphe Adam at the Paris Conservatoire, he worked as rehearsal accompanist at the Théâtre Lyrique and as an organist before coming to popular attention with his ballet Coppélia (1870); its title referred to a doll, depicted in the work, which comes to life. Other ballets include Sylvia (1876), and La Source (1866), which he wrote with Minkus.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Flower Duet - (3:32) - 1,183 plays
- Lakmé, Act 1: "Sous le dome épais" (Flower Duet) - (4:30) - 639 plays
- 'The Flower Duet' from Lakmé - (3:33) - 497 plays
- The Flower Duet - (2:51) - 465 plays
- "Flower Duet" from Lakmé - (1:42) - 500 plays
- Lakmé; Dome Epais, Duo de las Flores "Los Padres de Ella" - (3:49) - 249 plays
- Suite from Sylvia: Pizzicato - (2:37) - 214 plays
- Coppélia: Festive Dance and Waltz of the Hours - (6:22) - 187 plays
- Pizzicato (From Sylvia) - (1:48) - 278 plays
- Waltz (From Coppelia) - 213 plays