7 Shouts - 17,495 Scrobbles
Kumar Gandharva (real name Shivaputra Siddramayya Komkali) (April 8, 1924 – January 1992) was a famous Hindustani classical singer, famous for his unique vocal style, refusal to be bound by the tradition of any gharana, and his innovative genius. The name "Kumar" is a title given to child prodigies, while Gandharva was the god of music in Hindu mythology. Shivaputra was born in Dharwad (Karnataka, India). As a child, he was stricken with tuberculosis, and left with only one functioning lung.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Raga Malkauns - Khayal Vilambit Teentala - (28:19) - 22 plays
- Raag Shree (Madhyalaya Teentala) - (5:30) - 11 plays
- Ud Jayega Hans Akela - (6:13) - 8 plays
- Raga Mand - Teentaal - (6:35) - 11 plays
- Raga Bhoopali - (9:49) - 9 plays
- Raag Malkauns (Madhyalaya Ektala) - (8:43) - 5 plays
- Raga Bhimpalas - (37:44) - 13 plays
- Bhimpalasi - (30:37) - 7 plays
- Raga Shree - (31:47) - 7 plays
- Hirna Samajh Boojh - (6:56) - 4 plays