202 Shouts - 618,627 Scrobbles
Krzysztof Penderecki (born November 23, 1933 in Dębica) is a Polish composer and conductor. His 1960 avant-garde Threnody to the Victims of Hiroshima for string orchestra brought him to international attention, and this success was followed by acclaim for his choral St. Luke Passion. Both these works exhibit novel compositional techniques. Since the 1970s Penderecki's style has changed to encompass a post-Romantic idiom.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Polymorphia - (8:33) - 926 plays
- Penderecki: Threnody For The Victims Of Hiroshima - (9:00) - 645 plays
- Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima - (9:53) - 659 plays
- Greenwood: Popcorn Superhet Receiver: Part 1 - (8:42) - 359 plays
- Penderecki: Polymorphia - (8:57) - 356 plays
- De natura sonoris No. 2 - (7:23) - 381 plays
- Greenwood: Popcorn Superhet Receiver: Part 2 B - (1:52) - 310 plays
- Greenwood: Popcorn Superhet Receiver: Part 2 A - (0:48) - 282 plays
- Greenwood: Popcorn Superhet Receiver: Part 3 - (2:31) - 273 plays
- Greenwood: 48 Responses to Polymorphia: Es is Genug - (1:37) - 274 plays