178 Shouts - 510,118 Scrobbles
Krzysztof Penderecki (born November 23, 1933 in Dębica) is a Polish composer and conductor. His 1960 avant-garde Threnody to the Victims of Hiroshima for string orchestra brought him to international attention, and this success was followed by acclaim for his choral St. Luke Passion. Both these works exhibit novel compositional techniques. Since the 1970s Penderecki's style has changed to encompass a post-Romantic idiom.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Polymorphia - (10:48) - 884 plays
- Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima - (9:53) - 820 plays
- De natura sonoris No. 1 - (8:51) - 584 plays
- Fonogrammi - (6:43) - 476 plays
- De Natura Sonoris No. 2 - (8:58) - 486 plays
- Divertimento for Solo Cello (1994) I. Sarabande - (3:08) - 473 plays
- Lacrimosa - (4:37) - 420 plays
- Adhuc eo loquente / And while he yet spake - (2:31) - 339 plays
- Anaklasis - (6:38) - 328 plays
- Symphony No. 1 - Arche I - (4:56) - 296 plays