187 Shouts - 535,749 Scrobbles
Krzysztof Penderecki (born November 23, 1933 in Dębica) is a Polish composer and conductor. His 1960 avant-garde Threnody to the Victims of Hiroshima for string orchestra brought him to international attention, and this success was followed by acclaim for his choral St. Luke Passion. Both these works exhibit novel compositional techniques. Since the 1970s Penderecki's style has changed to encompass a post-Romantic idiom.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Polymorphia - (8:33) - 763 plays
- Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima - (9:53) - 690 plays
- De natura sonoris No. 1 - (8:51) - 421 plays
- De natura sonoris No. 2 - (7:23) - 441 plays
- Fonogrammi - (6:43) - 319 plays
- The Awakening of Jacob - (7:31) - 366 plays
- Anaklasis - (7:31) - 318 plays
- Lacrimosa - (4:58) - 340 plays
- Anaklasis for strings & percussion (1959) - (6:04) - 249 plays
- Symphony No. 5 - (37:37) - 244 plays