195 Shouts - 575,769 Scrobbles
Krzysztof Penderecki (born November 23, 1933 in Dębica) is a Polish composer and conductor. His 1960 avant-garde Threnody to the Victims of Hiroshima for string orchestra brought him to international attention, and this success was followed by acclaim for his choral St. Luke Passion. Both these works exhibit novel compositional techniques. Since the 1970s Penderecki's style has changed to encompass a post-Romantic idiom.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Polymorphia - (8:33) - 868 plays
- Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima - (9:53) - 691 plays
- Penderecki: Threnody For The Victims Of Hiroshima - (9:00) - 443 plays
- The Awakening of Jacob - (7:31) - 317 plays
- Greenwood: Popcorn Superhet Receiver: Part 1 - (8:42) - 253 plays
- De natura sonoris No. 2 - (7:23) - 310 plays
- Penderecki: Polymorphia - (8:57) - 231 plays
- Anaklasis - (7:31) - 277 plays
- Greenwood: Popcorn Superhet Receiver: Part 2 B - (1:52) - 220 plays
- Lacrimosa - (4:58) - 281 plays