460 Shouts - 9,690,014 Scrobbles
Koop is the Swedish electronic jazz duo of Magnus Zingmark and Oscar Simonsson from Uppsala, Sweden, formed in 1995. Though the music may sound as if it is played by a tight jazz group, it is actually sample-based. Thousands of small clips of drums, strings, horns, and choirs are taken from old records and puzzled together into new songs. This time consuming production process is one of the reasons Koop's albums are released 4-5 years apart.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Koop Island Blues - (4:34) - 52,816 plays
- Come To Me - (2:49) - 24,001 plays
- Waltz for Koop - (3:03) - 21,823 plays
- Summer Sun - (3:47) - 13,516 plays
- I See a Different You - (3:13) - 12,507 plays
- Strange Love - (3:22) - 8,740 plays
- Let's Elope - (3:11) - 8,501 plays
- Tonight - (2:54) - 7,444 plays
- Whenever There Is You - (4:01) - 6,242 plays
- The Moonbounce - (2:46) - 6,005 plays