0 Shouts - 60,987 Scrobbles
There are several bands named Kobayashi:Read More...
1) Germany (1997 - ) Hardcore-Punk band.
2) Georgia, US (1998 - ) Electronica, hip-hop influenced duo featuring E_B_A and Sir Mildred Pierce.
3) Montreal, Canada (2000 - 2007) Acid Jazz, Funk, Electronica band.
4) St. Pölten, Austria (1997-2000) Chaotic Power-Violence-Band
1) A Hardcore-Punk band from Germany that exists since 1997. They released 2 albums ("Disko", 2002 and "Neuanstrich", 2006) and several singles (debut single 2001, Split-Single with Koyaanisqatsi (2004) and a split-Single with the spanish band Disface (2004). Website with mp3s: http://www.kobayashi-disko.org >
2) A duo made of up Electronica artist Sir Mildred Pierce of 76 and Hip-Hop producer and Turntablist E_B_A, formed in 1998as an idea between the two when they attended school together in Augusta, Georgia. The self-titled album "Kobayashi" came out in 2000 on the popamericana label. DJ Neutron, Sharleen Ooms, and Vxid of The Sixth Hour also contributed to the project. The duo continue to collaborate on a variety of media and plan to release a second album someday. The duo are also the brains behind the popular Shapeless Mass Podcast. The band's website can be found at popamericana.com/kobayashi.
3) An acid jazz, funk and electronica Montreal-based band originally conceived as the jazzman's surrender to the hip-hop beat. Formed in 2000, this seven-headed monster wasted little time infiltrating Montreal's musical underground. They released an EP 'The Night We Took the City' (2003) and an album 'Strange Lights and Resolutions' (2005) before breaking up in 2007 with no current plans for a reunion.
4) A chaotic Power-Violence-Band from Austria (St. Pölten) who have been extraordinary energetic at their live performances. They existed 1997-2000, playing one post mortem show in january 2004. Their releases are a split 7" with Programm C, the CD-edition of the "in wirklichkeit sind wir doch alle old-school" demo and the "Blutbad" 7". Long after their split the "in wirklichkeit sind wir doch alle old-school" material was re-released as "dasselbe in grün"-picture 7" in 2007, featuring two previously unreleased tracks. For more info visit: www.myspace.com/dasselbeingruen
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- 2 Cent - 5,416 plays
- Shasta - 2,790 plays
- Shadows - 1,801 plays
- neckbreaker - 1,222 plays
- Never Was - 1,841 plays
- Kill Your Propaganda Now - 1,379 plays
- Be Movie Bass Music - 1,101 plays
- Road Less Travelled - 1,592 plays
- Release (Dub Mix) - 1,425 plays
- Monsterland Scratch - 904 plays