0 Shouts - 57,237 Scrobbles
There are at least four groups by the name Kluster.Read More...
1) Kluster was a pioneering Krautrock band formed by luminaries Dieter Moebius, Hans-Joachim Roedelius, and Conrad Schnitzler in 1969. After three albums, Moebius and Roedelius left Schnitzler to pursue their own project under the name Cluster. Schnitzler continued to use the Kluster name for his collaborations with Wolfgang Seidl and Klaus Freudigmann in the early 70s, two albums from this period being released in the 2000s. Schnitzler reprised the Kluster name in 2007 for a project of his featuring American musician Michael Thomas Roe and Japanese musician Mataso Ooyama, releasing four limited edition CDR albums. Schnitzler came under criticism for what many saw as his attempts to leach off the reputation of his ex-bandmates in Cluster through his use of the Kluster name after 1971. The original Kluster was hugely influential to any number of ambient, electronic, or experimental musicians.
In total nine albums have been released under the Kluster name: Klopfzeichen (1970), Zwei Osterei (1971), Eruption (1971, live), Vulcano (2008, live, rec. 1971), Admira (2008, rec. 1972), Kluster 2007 (2008), Kluster 2008 (2009), Kluster 2009: Three Voices (2010), Kluster 2010 (2011).
2) Kluster is the Finnish project formed in 2001 featuring accordion dynamo Kimmo Pohjonen and sampling guru Samuli Kosminen. Both musicians are known as adventurers in their respective fields and in Kluster, their partnership takes accordion music to new and unexplored territory. On stage, Kosminen reproduces samples of Pohjonen's accordion and voice percussively by way of electronic drum pads and combining that with Pohjonen's accordion, voice, live loops, effects and surround sound, they create a brain bursting maelstrom of multi-dimensional music unlike anything done or heard before. It is important to note that all sounds produced on stage and on recordings originate from Pohjonen's accordion and voice.
Kluster has collaborated with Kronos Quartet and they have also formed a quartet called KTU with Pat Mastelotto and Trey Gunn from King Crimson. Kluster also occasionally performs as a trio with percussionist Abdissa Assefa.
Album Kluster was released in February 2002.
Kluster on Kimmo Pohjonen homepage
3) Kluster is the swedish pyschedelic forest-trance project of Michael Petterson, also known as Dj eOs. Michael has been travelleing around the globe and performed in different countries since the release of his debut album Bug Fix on Digital Psionics. He's well represented on various compilations, and after meeting similar souls to his own, he's now ready to present his new album Extended Oversized System on Stoneage Records.
4) Mexican punk rock band, broke up in 2004.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Feel Love - 3,230 plays
- I Feel Love (Eric Kupper Dubstrumental mix) - 2,540 plays
- Brain Process - 1,388 plays
- Part One - 1,215 plays
- Part Two - 1,073 plays
- Deep Shit (remix) - 938 plays
- Warlocks - 1,023 plays
- Transformator - 1,095 plays
- Spirit - 874 plays
- Slowmotion - 776 plays