32 Shouts - 369,443 Scrobbles
Kitty Wells (born Muriel Deason on 30 August 1919 - 16 July 2012) is a country singer from Nashville, Tennessee, known as the Queen of Country Music. During the 1950s she was the only female vocalist to consistently hit the top of the country charts and her stardom was on the same level as the biggest male vocalists of the period. Wells' success in the 1950s and 1960s was so enormous that she still ranks as the sixth most successful female vocalist in the history of the Billboard country charts according to historian Joel Whitburn's book "The Top 40 Country Hits"...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels - (2:39) - 3,072 plays
- It Wasn’t God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels - (2:34) - 947 plays
- Searching (For Someone Like You) - (2:39) - 862 plays
- I Can't Stop Loving You - (2:14) - 725 plays
- Making Believe - (3:00) - 496 plays
- Makin' Believe - (2:56) - 454 plays
- Searching [For Someone Like You] - (2:37) - 324 plays
- One by One - (2:56) - 299 plays
- Heartbreak U.s.a. - (2:38) - 311 plays
- Amigo's Guitar - (2:39) - 303 plays