32 Shouts - 374,459 Scrobbles
Kitty Wells (born Muriel Deason on 30 August 1919 - 16 July 2012) is a country singer from Nashville, Tennessee, known as the Queen of Country Music. During the 1950s she was the only female vocalist to consistently hit the top of the country charts and her stardom was on the same level as the biggest male vocalists of the period. Wells' success in the 1950s and 1960s was so enormous that she still ranks as the sixth most successful female vocalist in the history of the Billboard country charts according to historian Joel Whitburn's book "The Top 40 Country Hits"...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels - (2:39) - 2,951 plays
- LyricsAs I sit here tonight, the jukebox playin'
The tune about the wild side of life
As I listen to the words you are sayin'
It brings memories when I was a trustin' wife
It wasn't God who made honky tonk angels
- LyricsSearching, I've spent a lifetime, darling
Searching, looking for someone like you
Dreaming, in all my dreams I dream
That someday I'd find someone like you
Other love have come my way but they were not for me
- LyricsI can't stop loving you
So I've made up my mind
To live in memory of old lonesome times
I can't stop wanting you
It's useless to say
- LyricsOne by one, we've broke each vow we made
It was you who lied, it was me who paid
As sure as there's a Heaven beyond the sun
We'll pay for our lies one by one
My plans and hopes have tumbled down
- Making Believe - (3:00) - 480 plays
- Searching [For Someone Like You] - (2:37) - 364 plays
- Makin' Believe - (2:56) - 359 plays
- Heartbreak U.S.A. - (2:38) - 311 plays
- Amigo's Guitar - (2:39) - 267 plays