28 Shouts - 356,812 Scrobbles
Kitty Wells (born Muriel Deason on 30 August 1919 - 16 July 2012) is a country singer from Nashville, Tennessee, known as the Queen of Country Music. During the 1950s she was the only female vocalist to consistently hit the top of the country charts and her stardom was on the same level as the biggest male vocalists of the period. Wells' success in the 1950s and 1960s was so enormous that she still ranks as the sixth most successful female vocalist in the history of the Billboard country charts according to historian Joel Whitburn's book "The Top 40 Country Hits"...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels - (2:39) - 2,879 plays
- Ole Kris Kringle - (2:33) - 1,099 plays
- Searching (For Someone Like You) - (2:39) - 970 plays
- LyricsDid you ever wonder how Santa gets his light to see
When the moon is in the shadows or hidden behind a tree?
Now we've all heard of Rudolph, how his nose lights up the trail
But I bet you never heard of Dasher with the light upon his tail
Oh, dash away, dash away, dash away, dash away over hill and dam
- I Can't Stop Loving You - (2:14) - 766 plays
- It Wasn’t God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels - (2:34) - 757 plays
- Away in a Manger - (2:21) - 708 plays
- Makin' Believe - (2:56) - 631 plays
- Making Believe - (3:00) - 590 plays
- Santa's On His Way - (1:54) - 498 plays