496 Shouts - 5,259,679 Scrobbles
Kitarō (喜多郎, born February 4, 1953) is a Japanese musician, composer and multi-instrumentalist who is regarded as a pioneer of new age music. Kitaro was born in Toyohashi, Aichi Prefecture, Japan and is a graduate of Toyohashi Commercial High School. After graduating, Kitaro moved to Tokyo to experience and become a part of the music scene, and it was there that he discovered the synthesizer. His first synthesizer was analog, and he recalls having “just loved the analog sound that it made compared to today's digital sound”.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Caravansary - (6:06) - 6,102 plays
- Silk Road - (5:41) - 4,753 plays
- Theme from Silk Road - (6:16) - 3,354 plays
- Matsuri - (8:57) - 3,163 plays
- Oasis - (6:03) - 2,989 plays
- Koi - (11:32) - 2,317 plays
- Planet - (2:39) - 1,727 plays
- South Wind - (5:28) - 1,634 plays
- Lady Of Dreams - (8:19) - 1,739 plays
- Mirage - (4:19) - 2,204 plays