496 Shouts - 5,215,053 Scrobbles
Kitarō (喜多郎, born February 4, 1953) is a Japanese musician, composer and multi-instrumentalist who is regarded as a pioneer of new age music. Kitaro was born in Toyohashi, Aichi Prefecture, Japan and is a graduate of Toyohashi Commercial High School. After graduating, Kitaro moved to Tokyo to experience and become a part of the music scene, and it was there that he discovered the synthesizer. His first synthesizer was analog, and he recalls having “just loved the analog sound that it made compared to today's digital sound”.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Caravansary - (6:06) - 6,527 plays
- Silk Road - (5:41) - 4,818 plays
- Theme from Silk Road - (6:16) - 3,370 plays
- Oasis - (6:03) - 3,262 plays
- Matsuri - (8:57) - 3,166 plays
- Koi - (11:32) - 2,517 plays
- Planet - (2:39) - 1,758 plays
- South Wind - (5:28) - 1,731 plays
- Nageki - (6:23) - 1,609 plays
- Floating Lotus - (5:30) - 1,680 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online