497 Shouts - 5,278,649 Scrobbles
Kitarō (喜多郎, born February 4, 1953) is a Japanese musician, composer and multi-instrumentalist who is regarded as a pioneer of new age music. Kitaro was born in Toyohashi, Aichi Prefecture, Japan and is a graduate of Toyohashi Commercial High School. After graduating, Kitaro moved to Tokyo to experience and become a part of the music scene, and it was there that he discovered the synthesizer. His first synthesizer was analog, and he recalls having “just loved the analog sound that it made compared to today's digital sound”.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Caravansary - (6:06) - 5,886 plays
- Silk Road - (5:41) - 4,702 plays
- Theme from Silk Road - (6:16) - 3,388 plays
- Matsuri - (8:57) - 3,163 plays
- Oasis - (6:03) - 2,769 plays
- Koi - (11:32) - 2,276 plays
- Planet - (2:39) - 1,720 plays
- South Wind - (5:28) - 1,619 plays
- Floating Lotus - (5:30) - 1,571 plays
- Nageki - (6:23) - 1,608 plays