494 Shouts - 5,135,420 Scrobbles
Kitarō (喜多郎, born February 4, 1953) is a Japanese musician, composer and multi-instrumentalist who is regarded as a pioneer of new age music. Kitaro was born in Toyohashi, Aichi Prefecture, Japan and is a graduate of Toyohashi Commercial High School. After graduating, Kitaro moved to Tokyo to experience and become a part of the music scene, and it was there that he discovered the synthesizer. His first synthesizer was analog, and he recalls having “just loved the analog sound that it made compared to today's digital sound”.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Caravansary - (6:06) - 6,360 plays
- Silk Road - (5:41) - 4,128 plays
- Oasis - (6:03) - 3,223 plays
- Matsuri - (8:57) - 2,807 plays
- Theme from Silk Road - (6:16) - 2,916 plays
- Koi - (11:32) - 2,614 plays
- Planet - (2:39) - 1,775 plays
- South Wind - (5:28) - 1,808 plays
- Floating Lotus - (5:30) - 1,803 plays
- Nageki - (6:23) - 1,676 plays