484 Shouts - 4,909,689 Scrobbles
Kitarō (喜多郎, born February 4, 1953) is a Japanese musician, composer and multi-instrumentalist who is regarded as a pioneer of new age music. Kitaro was born in Toyohashi, Aichi Prefecture, Japan and is a graduate of Toyohashi Commercial High School. After graduating, Kitaro moved to Tokyo to experience and become a part of the music scene, and it was there that he discovered the synthesizer. His first synthesizer was analog, and he recalls having “just loved the analog sound that it made compared to today's digital sound”.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Caravansary - (6:06) - 5,794 plays
- Silk Road - (5:41) - 3,920 plays
- Oasis - (6:03) - 3,504 plays
- Theme from Silk Road - (6:16) - 3,109 plays
- Planet - (2:39) - 2,194 plays
- Matsuri - (8:57) - 2,961 plays
- Koi - (11:32) - 2,669 plays
- Nageki - (6:23) - 1,918 plays
- Shimmering Horizon - (4:50) - 1,695 plays
- Floating Lotus - (5:30) - 1,698 plays