494 Shouts - 5,100,740 Scrobbles
Kitarō (喜多郎, born February 4, 1953) is a Japanese musician, composer and multi-instrumentalist who is regarded as a pioneer of new age music. Kitaro was born in Toyohashi, Aichi Prefecture, Japan and is a graduate of Toyohashi Commercial High School. After graduating, Kitaro moved to Tokyo to experience and become a part of the music scene, and it was there that he discovered the synthesizer. His first synthesizer was analog, and he recalls having “just loved the analog sound that it made compared to today's digital sound”.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Caravansary - (6:06) - 6,218 plays
- Silk Road - (5:41) - 3,895 plays
- Oasis - (6:03) - 3,185 plays
- Theme from Silk Road - (6:16) - 2,860 plays
- Matsuri - (8:57) - 2,758 plays
- Koi - (11:32) - 2,580 plays
- Planet - (2:39) - 1,861 plays
- Floating Lotus - (5:30) - 1,902 plays
- South Wind - (5:28) - 1,845 plays
- Nageki - (6:23) - 1,804 plays