2 Shouts - 2,040 Scrobbles
Based in New York City, the experimental music group KIOKU creates a new terrain between traditional Asian music and collaborative improvisation. The trio consists of Wynn Yamami (taiko and percussion), Christopher Ariza (live electronics), and ali sakkal (saxophones). While grounded in historical musical practices, KIOKU (Japanese for "memory") embraces the plasticity of tradition and freely employs improvisational and avant-garde musical techniques. http://www.kiokugroup.com
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Hot 100: The 10 Biggest Songs On The Billboard Charts
- Rebecca Black Enters Billboard’s Hot 100 Chart With “Saturday”
- Nirvana To Be Inducted Into The Rock N’ Roll Hall Of Fame
- Eminem ft. Rihanna’s “The Monster”: A Sequel To “Love The Way You Lie”?
- Garth Brooks Rules The Billboard 200 Chart With New Release