Kings of Convenience
2,809 Shouts - 49,960,669 Scrobbles
Kings of Convenience are a music duo formed in Bergen, Norway, playing a style that features acoustic instrumental playing and their two voices. The band consists of Erlend Øye and Eirik Glambek Bøe. They met as children at a geography competition. They are known for their delicate tunes, calming voices, and intricately subtle guitar melodies. After first earning notice thanks to a series of acclaimed European festival appearances during the summer of 1999, the twosome signed to American label Kindercore to issue their lovely eponymous debut the following spring.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI'd rather dance with you
than talk with you,
so why don't we just move into the other room.
There's space for us to shake,
and 'hey, I like this tune'.
- LyricsI lose some sales and my boss won't be happy
But I can't stop listening to the sound
Of two soft voices blended in perfection
From the reels of this record that I found
Every day there's a boy in the mirror
- Misread - (3:03) - 96,186 plays
- 24-25 - (3:39) - 61,730 plays
- LyricsSo we meet again after several years
Several years of separation
Moving on, moving around
Did we spend this time chasing the other's tail
Singing Ohohohoh, I could never belong to you
- Cayman Islands - (3:02) - 61,248 plays
- Me in You - (3:09) - 59,034 plays
- Know-How - (3:58) - 48,857 plays
- Mrs. Cold - (3:08) - 54,867 plays
- Love Is No Big Truth - (3:47) - 40,392 plays