Kind of Like Spitting
0 Shouts - 1,644,355 Scrobbles
Inactive 2006- early 2011. Performed in the interim with/as Blunt Mechanic. Now active again.Read More...
Kind of Like Spitting has taken a staunchly independent approach to making records and performing, releasing eight records (at latest count) on small DIY indie labels (including but not limited to Hush Records, Barsuk, and Redder Records) , and doing tours across the country in a variety of venues, from the neighborhood house party to the big rock arena. At the core of KOLS is Ben Barnett, singer/songwriter with a talent for writing gut-wrenching tales of life and love.
Ben was previously in an indie rock band called Slotcar and he also played in the original line-up of The Thermals for a while.
David J. has a solo project called Novi Split.
A new record is planned for release in January 2010 under the name Blunt Mechanic. Seattle's Barsuk will release the disc, which will be titled World Record. Barnett debuted the new band at Mississippi Studios in Portland, OR. in August 2009.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsBy the nape of my neck you can hand me down, to forge a little more in the quiet that we found. So just to say anything, you say that you love me. Only so much time you can waste on me, there's only so much time you can waste on me. And sometimes I believe in God punishing for lack of faith, so just to say anything I say that I love you too. Only so much time, you can waste on me, there's only so much time you can waste on me. You feel fat and I feel ugly. Together we don't like anybody. I feel sick 'cause I know your gonna run, but I cant blame you.
- LyricsOverly enthused, easily confused. Do you really even have to ask, why you feel so, why you feel so used? Common obligations, common complications. She said to me in the dark, that it was just like suicide and that you really don't want to die but you've said it so many times. Like a musical trend you see it as a phase. Predictable film with a forgettable end. Why does boy meet girl leave me feeling ripped off? The police have been tipped off. Following a trail of denial they've all got my file, send worry in for the knock off, guilt for the clean up. You say keep your chin up. Here we are in the open air. The glow of our godless season, we're fighting for no reason we both want the same things. And its just like suicide, I really don't want to die, but we've been through this so many times. Its just like suicide, I really don't want to die, but the choice ain't mine.
- LyricsShe's bright and you're bleak
Then she kicked you out into the street
You call her when you're weary and weak
And the coma you slip into
Will hold all this against you
- LyricsTroubled at the office, troubled at the bank
I put my hands against the tree line
I know it's real but it still feels fake
The last thing I remember from that world
Was a drum take clicked out on the tape too slow
- LyricsI've been so many places in my life and time
I've sung a lot of songs I've made some bad rhymes
I've acted out my love in stages
With ten thousand people watching
Now we're alone and I'm singing my song for you
- Passionate - 41,509 plays
- Hands - 25,525 plays
- Middle - 25,599 plays
- Lay Some Happiness On Me - 24,425 plays
- Thirteen - 21,607 plays