Kind of Like Spitting
150 Shouts - 1,571,394 Scrobbles
Inactive 2006- early 2011. Performed in the interim with/as Blunt Mechanic. Now active again. Kind of Like Spitting has taken a staunchly independent approach to making records and performing, releasing eight records (at latest count) on small DIY indie labels (including but not limited to Hush Records, Barsuk, and Redder Records) , and doing tours across the country in a variety of venues, from the neighborhood house party to the big rock arena. At the core of KOLS is Ben Barnett, singer/songwriter with a talent for writing gut-wrenching tales of life and love.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsShe's bright and you're bleak
Then she kicked you out into the street
You call her when you're weary and weak
And the coma you slip into
Will hold all this against you
- Birds of a Feather - (3:30) - 1,698 plays
- Lyrics[Originally by Bad Religion]
there's a place where everyone can be happy
it's the most beautiful place in the whole fuckin' world
it's made of candy canes and planes
and bright, red choo choo trains
- Share The Road - (1:16) - 1,205 plays
- LyricsOverly enthused, easily confused. Do you really even have to ask, why you feel so, why you feel so used? Common obligations, common complications. She said to me in the dark, that it was just like suicide and that you really don't want to die but you've said it so many times. Like a musical trend you see it as a phase. Predictable film with a forgettable end. Why does boy meet girl leave me feeling ripped off? The police have been tipped off. Following a trail of denial they've all got my file, send worry in for the knock off, guilt for the clean up. You say keep your chin up. Here we are in the open air. The glow of our godless season, we're fighting for no reason we both want the same things. And its just like suicide, I really don't want to die, but we've been through this so many times. Its just like suicide, I really don't want to die, but the choice ain't mine.
- Middle - (2:52) - 966 plays
- Hands - (2:28) - 1,022 plays
- If The Shoe Fits, Cut The Foot Off - (2:59) - 781 plays
- Lay Some Happiness On Me - (1:43) - 767 plays
- Holding Patterns - (3:34) - 740 plays