0 Shouts - 368,514 Scrobbles
Kilpi is a Finnish heavy metal/hard rock band, singing in Finnish.Read More...
Kilpi means shield in Finnish, however it actually is the guitarist and creator of the band's last name, Petteri Kilpi. The band's first album, Sähkönsinistä Sinfoniaa (Trans. Electric Blue Symphonies), was released on May 28, 2003, some months after their first single, Nerokasta Ikävää (Trans. Ingenious Yearning).
On September 29, 2004, they released their second album, II Taso (Trans. II(2nd) Level).
The last one is available since 2006, under the name of Kaaoksen Kuningas (Trans. King of Chaos), and two of its songs were proposed to Eurovision Song Contest 2006.
4th album (entitled "IV") saw the light of the day 2nd April 2008.
The fifth album (Pirun Merta) was released 7th October 2009. Also beginning of 2009 keyboardist Juha Kukkola decided to leave the band. The band thanked him in the new record booklet for the years he spend with them.
Tapio "Taage" Laiho, lead singer
Petteri "Pete" Kilpi, guitarist and creator of the band, was born in 1970
Aleksi "Alba" Summe, guitarist
Janne "Jane" Laaksonen, bassist
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sielut iskee tulta - 38,210 plays
- Nerokasta ikävää - 23,451 plays
- Piikkinä lihassa - 14,138 plays
- Pahalle et käännä selkää - 12,832 plays
- Varjoista valoihin - 10,412 plays
- Tuli, Vesi, Ilma Ja Maa - 11,260 plays
- Savuna ilmaan - 9,804 plays
- Samaan aikaan toisaalla - 10,458 plays
- Tie turvatkaa - 9,631 plays
- Helvetissä tavataan - 8,204 plays