Kill Your Idols
69 Shouts - 836,051 Scrobbles
Kill Your Idols was a hardcore punk band from New York, influenced by other such bands as Black Flag, Negative Approach and Sheer Terror. They have released numerous CDs and LPs. Their first 12" was released in 1998, followed by their debut CD, "This Is Just The Beginning" and "No Gimmicks Needed" LP on Blackout! Records the next year. The band subsequently signed to Side One Dummy Records and released two albums, "Funeral For A Feeling" in 2001 and "From Companionship To Competition" in 2005.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI'm as passive as I can be I'm so blind i can't see Why people take advantage of me Squeeze me dry of all I've got Drained of life, I slowly rot Just because I care a lot Take my money, take my time Take whatever I call mine Never greedy always fucking kind Now I'm empty do you care Doesn't matter I'm always there to let you strip me fucking bare Can't take it away from me(3X) Can't take my pride All I know is all I've got But i know i have a lot time for this to fucking stop Playing games with my head suppressed anger burning red It's better off. that I have something said Blank stares and blatant lies half truths and alabis pull the shades over my eyes Now I'm wise to your game and I see it's all the same Once again myself
- LyricsIt seems I know this place to well
my personal living hell
standing at the edge of this cliff
made this climb too many times
doing what's worst for me and mine
- Only Dicks Don't Like Black Flag - (1:39) - 731 plays
- I Hate My Guts - (2:28) - 638 plays
- LyricsA friend of mine once said to me Don't ever hurry He said that life is long That I didn't need to worry He said that even when you think someone is gone it doesnt mean that they have completely moved on. Even in the slightest bit, they might still care, so all I want to know is are you still out there? I wonder if you're doing fine, and if I ever come to mind Do you long for the past, or search for better times I haven't learned my lesson I still would try again Through the dim light on the porch I couldn't see it then It was already over laying together on your bed I haven't changed, why did you what was going through your head? I should've given up, I shouldn't even try I've already told myself 1000 lies It's only me, I'll take the blame keep it inside to avoid the shame So thanks again, my special friend (if that was true, why did it have to end?). For me it was real, and it's been fun, But now take a look at what I've become.
- Miserable and Satisfied - (1:52) - 459 plays
- Falling - (2:18) - 479 plays
- Enjoy the Show - (1:33) - 500 plays
- Your Wish Is My Command - (2:24) - 476 plays
- Right Now - (1:37) - 476 plays