Kieran Hebden and Steve Reid
34 Shouts - 181,128 Scrobbles
Steve Reid made his recording debut in 1964, aged 19, playing on Martha and the Vandella's "Dancing in the Street". He went on to play with legendary figures in avant-garde jazz such as Miles Davis, Archie Shepp, Sam Rivers and David Murray, but also in soul, such as James Brown, Dionne Warwick and Chaka Khan. In the late 60's he spent three years in West Africa, where he studied African rhythms and played with Fela Kuti.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Morning Prayer - (6:36) - 247 plays
- Our time - (5:03) - 126 plays
- The Sun Never Sets - (5:48) - 119 plays
- Departure - (7:14) - 105 plays
- Brain - (3:47) - 92 plays
- Soul Oscillations - (14:20) - 69 plays
- Electricity And Drum Will Change Your Mind - (15:43) - 67 plays
- Rhythm dance - (6:49) - 68 plays
- People be happy - (4:40) - 68 plays
- Greensleeves - (2:38) - 56 plays