2 Shouts - 9,315 Scrobbles
Kevin Volans is a composer associated with the post-minimalist movement in contemporary composition. He was born in Pietermaritzburg, South Africa on July 6, 1949, and even though he has spent most of his life outside his native country, is the best known South African composer active today. In 1972, he graduated from the University of Witwatersrand in Johannesburg with a Bachelors of Music degree, followed by post-graduate education at the University of Aberdeen. From 1973 to 1981 he lived in Cologne, where he studied with Karlheinz Stockhausen at the Musikhochschule.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Mbira - (10:46) - 34 plays
- First dance - (4:06) - 23 plays
- White Man Sleeps I - (4:02) - 18 plays
- White Man Sleeps II - (5:03) - 19 plays
- White Man Sleeps V - (3:22) - 16 plays
- White Man Sleeps III - (3:24) - 16 plays
- White Man Sleeps IV - (6:17) - 15 plays
- Walking Song - (5:37) - 13 plays
- White Man Sleeps - (6:17) - 45 plays
- White Man Sleeps: II. - (5:05) - 10 plays