Kevin Devine is an American songwriter and musician from Brooklyn, New York, who is known for alternately introspective and political lyrics and melodic acoustic guitar tunes. He cites his influences as Bob Dylan, Elliott Smith, Guns N' Roses, Brother Paramo and Nirvana, among others. He grew up in Brooklyn and Staten Island, and has spent significant time in Manhattan and Queens as well. Devine graduated Fordham University at Lincoln Center in 2001, majoring in journalism. He also played in an indie/punk/emo band called Miracle of 86 after the (Miracle) New York Mets.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsThe bricks get laid and they get torn up
And laid again but the bricks always get torn up again
Your friends won't wait so don't believe that shit
When they say they'll wait
Trust me, your friends will not wait for you
- Another Bag of Bones - (3:05) - 3,792 plays
- Bubblegum - (2:16) - 4,052 plays
- LyricsA good man doesn't drink
And I've been drinking alone
So what does that make me?
My hands they always shake
And no one's calling my phone
- Little Bulldozer - (3:04) - 3,465 plays
- Nobel Prize - (2:37) - 2,893 plays
- She Can See Me - (2:18) - 3,320 plays
- Just Stay - (4:17) - 2,734 plays
- Private First Class - (2:38) - 2,729 plays
- Brother's Blood - (7:54) - 2,495 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online