196 Shouts - 933,500 Scrobbles
Kevin Ayers (born 16 August 1944 in Herne Bay, Kent, England; died 18 February 2013 in Montolieu, France) was a British songwriter and musician from Kent, United Kingdom, who was one of a group of avant garde musicians who came together in Canterbury in the 1960s and developed a whole new approach to the psychedelic, progressive rock genre, known as the canterbury scene. His early work included works with artists like Daevid Allen, David Bedford and Mike Ratledge.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- May I? - 2003 Remastered Version - (4:01) - 1,117 plays
- LyricsPeople say that they want to be free
They look at him and they look at me
But it's only themselves they're wanting to see
And everybody knows about it
We talk all night and we're all turned on
- LyricsToday, the town seems like a tomb;
Everybody's locked up in his room;
Making love, or taking love--who cares?
If you take a walk out in the street,
Chances are there's someone that you'll meet.
- LyricsI walked into this bar
And the man refused;
He said, "we don't serve strangers
In blue suede shoes;
We don't give credit, and
- LyricsShe's got a feeling for the spring
I've got another song to sing
Girl on a swing
Girl on a swing
Girl on a swing,
- Joy of a Toy Continued - (2:53) - 666 plays
- The Clarietta Rag - (3:21) - 691 plays
- Song for Insane Times - 2003 Remastered Version - (4:01) - 629 plays
- Stranger In Blue Suede Shoes - 1999 Digital Remaster - (3:25) - 594 plays
- Stop This Train (Again Doing It) - (6:06) - 539 plays