194 Shouts - 870,319 Scrobbles
Kevin Ayers was a British songwriter, musician from Kent, United Kingdom, who was one of a group of avant garde musicians who came together in Canterbury in the 1960's and developed a whole new approach to the psychedelic, progressive rock genre, known as the canterbury scene. His early work included works with artists like Daevid Allen, David Bedford and Mike Ratledge. Since then Kevin Ayers wrote and recorded some of the wittiest and most poignant songs imaginable and produced more banana related lyrics than anyone ever dreamed possible.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- May I? - 2003 - Remaster - (4:01) - 1,027 plays
- LyricsPeople say that they want to be free
They look at him and they look at me
But it's only themselves they're wanting to see
And everybody knows about it
We talk all night and we're all turned on
- Song for Insane Times - 2003 - Remaster - (4:01) - 1,083 plays
- LyricsToday, the town seems like a tomb;
Everybody's locked up in his room;
Making love, or taking love--who cares?
If you take a walk out in the street,
Chances are there's someone that you'll meet.
- LyricsShe's got a feeling for the spring
I've got another song to sing
Girl on a swing
Girl on a swing
Girl on a swing,
- Stranger in Blue Suede Shoes - (3:39) - 1,019 plays
- The Clarietta Rag - (3:21) - 807 plays
- Joy of a Toy Continued - (2:53) - 724 plays
- All This Crazy Gift of Time - (3:45) - 663 plays
- The Lady Rachel - (5:18) - 854 plays